We, at Santa Cruz Dental Care, hope this letter finds you and your household in good health. Our communities and families have been through a lot over the last few months, and we are all looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed during these uncertain times, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety and health.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and they have established the following protocol rulings and/or guidance that may be issued in our dental office.
When it is time for your next appointment you will notice some changes in our office to help protect our patients and staff:
- Patients will be asked to wear a facemask before entering and while in the office.
- Patients are asked not to bring others into the office, unless they are a parent/guardian of a minor patient, or caretaker of a patient.
- Patients will be screened for COVID 19 related symptoms using a questionnaire when making an appointment and again upon arrival for your scheduled appointment. The questionnaire will enable our office to keep you and our staff healthy and safe.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This may result in less flexibility in terms of appointment scheduling and availability.
- We will do our best to allow more time between patient appointments to reduce both wait times and the number of patients in the reception area to one patient at a time.
- We will provide hand sanitizer that you will be asked to use upon entering and leaving the office. It will be available throughout the office to use as needed.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in helping us facilitate these changes in our office. Working together will allow us to continue to provide every patient with safe, effective and comfortable care. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about our new procedures.
To make an appointment, please call our office at (916) 800-3444.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends!
Dr. Daniel Azurduy, DDS